September Scanlations needs cleaners!16
Yo, you there, with the tablet in your hand and Photoshop open! You don’t look busy! GET OVER HERE.
September Scanlations, which has brought you such favorites as Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, Love Stage!!, and all of the REALLY AMAZING HaruRinHaru and KageHina doujinshi you’ve ever read—THEY NEED SOME MORE CLEANERS.
We’ve got way more on our plate than we can handle, but we’re a very teeny tiny group (as in, like 2 people at this point XD;) so we’re trying to expand our ranks a bit! Many of our cleaners have fallen through the cracks and lost touch with us over the past couple of months, and our output has visibly slowed because of it. So we need new ones!
What’s a cleaner?
A cleaner’s job is to take the raw scans and “clean” them—remove the Japanese text cleanly and smoothly so that English text can be overlaid.
Sounds simple enough; how can I help?
Well, you’ll need some qualifications!
- Preferably some experience cleaning before! Cleaning isn’t something you can just dive right into and requires a meticulous eye to be sure patterns match up, as well as a LOT of patience for harder pieces.
- Photoshop CS5 or higher, or a REALLY GOOD test that shows us you can give us the same quality using your tool of choice (hint: not MS Paint) as can be achieved with the tools newly available in CS5 and up.
- Preferably a tablet (e.g. wacom) and some experience using it
- Experience using the clone tool and Content Aware Fill tool effectively
- Some free time!
- A ‘passing grade’ on our test images
If that sounds like YOU, we may be a good fit! We’re pretty demanding as far as quality goes and will expect final products that look as if there was never any text to begin with. This can’t always be achieved flawlessly, but we try to churn out pieces with the highest quality we can manage, so that means we need people with some really good skills!
You’ll be working on:
- Back Stage!! manga
- Super Lovers manga
- Honto Yajuu manga
- Kimi to Kore Kara manga
- HaruRinHaru doujinshi
- NagiReigisa doujinshi
- KageHina doujinshi
- And anything else we can come up with!
You won’t be full-time (unless you really want to be our go-to cleaner lol), so don’t expect to have to carve out a regular space in your schedule for us if that’s not possible. We just want to have a nice-sized pot of potential cleaners who will be willing to help snap up a series when we get to it!
Awesome! What first?
Just clean the test pages (Instructions are included in the file) and send them back our way!
We can never have too many cleaners, but we’re running low on people these days and could really use some aid, so please give the test pages a shot if you’re interested! Please return the files whenever you can, and be sure to contact us using an e-mail address that you frequently check.
Cleaners are what we really need right now, but we’re looking for other positions as well, so check our Join Us page for deets!